Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beating Depressive Thoughts. In Poem!

Emptiness fills my head.
It's almost like I'm dead.

I lay here hours,
trying to sleep,
but all I can do
is lie here in a heap.

Thinking so hard about nothing at all.
Makes it hard to convey a message.
I'm surprised that any of this rhymes at all,
I'm just bored,
Cannot think,
Cannot form proper words,
Cannot work,
Cannot move,
Can't stop using that word.

Everything seems so much harder right now.
The world starts feeling so negative.
My realization of that makes me think
What would happen if I turned it positive?

I've accomplished so much;
I have many skills.
I have a warm house
To prevent outside chills.

I have all my family,
I have some close friends.
All of them love me
Through the odds and the ends.

I live in the woods
Where I feel most at home.
Fresh air all around me,
Wherever I roam.

My life's pretty good
When I put it like that.
I can think again. 
Funny.

How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment