Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Can't Sleep

To sleep or not to sleep... That is the question... Whether 'tis healthier for the mind to suffer the penalties of insufficient sleep, or to take pills against insomnia, and by opposing, end it? 

Ah, but what light through yonder window breaks? It is the sun, out to stay the hand of the moon from granting me rest? Arise Sun, and stimulate me, who is already sick and pale without sleep, that I might remain conscious through the day and end this chain of weariness.

But wait, star, hide your fire! Let not light hinder mine rest; thou shalt not stay the hand of the moon's desire! If chance may have me sleep, why, chance would not have me remain asleep?

To wake, to sleep no more. To wake... To sleep... To sleep, perchance to dream? Aye, there's the rub, for what thoughts may come once I have fallen to unconsciousness must give me pause... But if by a sleep I may end this weariness? 'Tis an action devoutly to be wish'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment