Thursday, May 28, 2020

My Transition - Stage 1 Complete

From January 27th, 2020:

I had my final stage 1 appointment today! I get to resume progesterone!

Later the night following that appointment, I was allowed to get myself aroused for the first time. Since then there has been some persisting swelling that has continued after the initial engorgement. It feels like the left side of my labia hasn't gotten the message and seems to believe that I'm still aroused. Unfortunately it seems like my clitoris is also not gotten that message, as it also seems to be poking against the hood a little too hard on a fairly regular basis.

I don't think I can adequately put into words how disorienting and strange it is to be asked what hurts, and to legitimately not know how to answer the question. I know that something hurts, but I know not what body part nor its location. Something in that region can hurt in one area, but the body part is actually located in another, so it actually hurts over there and not where my brain seems to think it hurts. This makes it very difficult to explain over the phone to the consulting nurses what exactly hurts and which areas feel like what.

A while after I got home from Spokane I drove for the first time post-surgery and discovered that if I push my left leg against the left foot rest, it takes some of the pressure off of sitting down and going over bumps, thereby making the whole experience much easier.


My last notes on the stage 1 surgical experience: the days leading up to it were terrifying, the recovery was uncomfortable, less painful than expected, and ultimately an easier experience than I imagined. As miserable as it could be at times because of the discomfort, I would gladly do it all over again. In fact, I will be doing it all over again, because I still have to go through the second stage of my surgery! It won't be exactly the same, but I'm sure it will present its own set of discomforts to note.

Stage 2 is currently scheduled for June 30th. I will try and make sure to write a bit about that experience as well. Hopefully my covid depression will not get in the way of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment