Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Introduction

[10-22-17 EDIT: Because this isn't entirely clear, this blog was originally created as part of a college class project. I simply decided to continue it and turn it into something of my own.]

Hi, I'm Josie, self-proclaimed hypothetical genius, certified mentally challenged, and potentially the nicest and most unusual girl you've ever met. I am writing to explainify my being to you, my viewers and classmates. It all started one day when my father got an idea for a fun night with my mother... Actually, I'd rather not go into that. Let me jump ahead a couple decades...

I'm currently attending LWIT for what will hopefully become my second to last quarter before earning my degree in Video and Web Production. I just finished an internship at Microsoft as an assistant video editor, and I am now working in the print and design department at OfficeMax.

On my spare time, I am a talented (I'm being extremely modest) video game "enthusiast". I have also been designing my own RPG for about four years at my own pace, and every computer I've ever owned has been home-built. I love technology, and at this point I might as well be a computer myself. When I'm not nerd-lusting over something technological, you'll find me cracking jokes with my friends, who are awesome. Seriously, couldn't ask for better friends.

I have a thirst for random knowledge, and when I find myself at a block in what I am trying to accomplish, I relentlessly bash at that block until I finish my work. For instance, I am designing an RPG with an engine that works with Ruby Game Scripting. I do not know Ruby Game Scripting. How am I designing without knowing how it's built, you ask? I JUST DO!

I also have an interest in psychology, but in a non-professional sense. I study human behaviour all the time, sometimes without actually realizing it. I find myself being the diplomatic one in every argument, and I am able to read people with sometimes creepy accuracy, thereby allowing me to anticipate their reactions or needs.

So about this time I bet you're thinking, she's probably single. Unless you're not single, in which case you're probably not thinking anything of the sort. You're probably thinking something more akin to "GEEK!" "OMGWTFBBQ!" or "I wonder what's on TV tonight?" But I digress. Yes, I am single, so feel free and start a line for this little bundle of fun ;)

I used to do a lot of this blogging sort of thing on DeviantArt, before I developed my current online aliases (Blueorb, Omnipotence, and Daaku). [Link removed] has much of my old work from when I was 18 years and younger, if you're interested.

[10-22-17 EDIT: The DeviantArt link was removed for multiple reasons. One being embarrassment, and another being that it's kind of a part of my life I don't want people revisiting. Also, I'm no longer single. Someone snatched me up. Sorry-not-sorry.]

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete