Tuesday, January 21, 2020

My Transition - The Big Surgery, Part 4

Sexual Content Material!
Just a mention of me having sex. That's it. If that bothers you, you can just skip paragraph 9.

We made it over the mountain pass, just barely! It closed right after we passed over the summit, and they allowed us to keep going. We eventually made it to the Airbnb and set up all my dietary needs and stuff. 

My pre-op appointment was the next day. As we were getting ready to go to that appointment, I got a call saying I was late for another pre-op appointment, to check me in with the hospital. I was never told about that appointment, so that was a lovely surprise. We went to the hospital and, with the help of Dr. Rick from Dr. Stiller's office, we found the right place for my check-in.

They had me confirm my identity repeatedly, spell out my full name repeatedly, and then they put an identification bracelet on my wrist. I had to wear that bracelet through until I was discharged from the hospital. Then I was taken to another room to answer a bunch of medical questions and have some blood tests. They needed to have a good sample handy in the of chance I needed a transfusion. I hate blood tests, and I've been really bad about feeling faint during them lately... Luckily I didn't pass out.

I was then taken to another room where we finalized a bunch of stuff, asked more medical questions, and then I was given instructions for how to prep for the surgery.

Immediately after they let me go, I went to the Stiller Aesthetics office for my pre-op appointment with them. During this appointment I was told how to prepare for my surgery with information that contradicted the hospital. Dr. Stiller appears to have a different way of doing things, and I was plenty okay with that, because his instructions were far easier to follow. We went over the risks involved with the surgery again and I got to have some more questions answered. 

Unfortunately I do not remember all of my questions, but I do remember getting to ask Dr. Stiller directly about whether I could, after both my surgeries are fully healed, take my progesterone vaginally, the same way I take it anally. He said that since we're using intestinal tissue it actually makes sense that that would work. Not only that, but because of the part of the intestine that's used in the surgery, it would most likely absorb more effectively than doing it anally. But, of course, he said I should consult with my primary care doctor before doing anything like that.

Dr. Stiller came out to meet my parents and answer any questions they had, and then we took off to buy some antibacterial soap for my pre-surgery shower and some Ensure to bulk up with protein that night, as he said it has immensely helped his patients recover faster.

The night before my surgery everyone was nervous. I was so anxious, and my partner, CJ, was shaking. We tried to watch funny videos to distract everyone, and that worked for a while. I was nervous to take my pre-surgery shower because it kind of symbolized that I was really going through with it. CJ and I shared many tearful moments this night as they told me so many reasons why they love me, and how I need to keep being stubborn and strong, and to not let this beat me. They added that if I die, they'll bring me back so they can kill me themself. We cried together as I said there's no way that will happen. I couldn't think about that possibility... The thought was too terrifying.

After my shower we cuddled together in my room and talked for a while. Talking lead to some... Other activities. CJ became the last person I will ever have penetrative sex with - at least with me being the penetrator. We did it one last time, for the sake of the physical closeness, and hugged each other close for a while as we both finished. I couldn't have asked for a better final experience than that, it felt like something out of a romance novel.

... That is until I realized I had just compromised my sterile shower, so I had to go back and shower with the antibacterial soap again. 😅

CJ and I cuddled for a while again before going to sleep in different beds. I slept alone because I had to wake up at various times of the night to drink Gatorade and Ensure, so I wasn't about to get any consistent sleep. I sometimes wonder if they do this on purpose to make me tired for the anesthetic. In any case, I did everything exactly as I was ordered to. I hadn't peed that much since I was on spironolactone...

No comments:

Post a Comment