Sunday, December 24, 2017

*Biological Content* My Transition - Month 4

This is continuing off my introduction post. If you haven't read it yet, click here to view it.

Biological Content Material!
There's not much body part content in this post, but if you don't want to learn some detailed information about my boobs, you best not read ahead.

Month 4 - July

At this point, when they were cold, my breasts could be mistaken for either male or female. But when they were warm, there wasn't much room to mistake them as anything but female. This change in size based on temperature is something I wasn't really aware of before. I knew nipples changed in size with temperature, but I had no idea the entire breast would actually "shrink" as it hugs up to your chest. It was very subtle, but during this month and moving forward, I continued to notice this in addition to the changes in their size soreness based on what time of the month it was. I'm pretty sure nobody else would notice this. I was pretty hyper-observant of this stuff because my boobs weren't just a biological fact of life, they were kind of an obsession...

My doctor became concerned about the rate at which I was losing muscle mass. It was becoming noticeably more difficult to take the garbage up to the road, and my technology bag was getting almost too heavy for me to carry to my car. I used to have this thing on my back for 10 minutes straight walking to my friend's house, and now I can barely even carry it to my car.


I went on my first road trip by myself to Oregon, to attend the Oregon Country Fair. At the fair I got body paint on my boobs! This is something I've always secretly wanted to do, but I didn't have boobs, so I thought it'd look weird. But now I do! And it was awesome having dragonfly boobies and sparkling swirly face paint! This was my first time being shirtless in public since it became no longer socially acceptable, but it's okay for women to be shirtless in Eugene, Oregon. 

I wonder at what point my chest became unacceptable to show in public? At which month would it be decided that I could no longer be shirtless? And why? It seems like such a strange arbitrary rule. If women can't show their chests, why can men? Women's cleavage is often okay to show in public with low cut shirts, as long as nipples don't slip out. Both men and women have nipples, so why are men's nipples okay to show? It's all just so silly. I honestly wonder at what point during my transition my boobs would have become inappropriate to show in public.

While I was out in Oregon I got my hair done at a fancy salon for the first time, having them dye my hair red with copper highlights, and styling it. I never understood the salon gossip experience, but having done it now, I wish I could afford to do it more often. It was wonderful, and they made me feel just like one of the girls!

By the time I got home and settled down after all the trips I took this month, I realized I was developing freckles on the bridge of my nose. I squealed in delight, because I love freckles, and if I was going to develop them, that's exactly where I'd want them! I've been exposed to plenty of sunlight before and not gotten freckles, so I'm guessing this has something to do with increased skin sensitivity from the hormones.

During this month I was noticing that the subtle changes happening in my face that were making me look more feminine seemed quite promising, and the face feminization surgery I had previously contemplated seemed very distant. I wanted to see how things turn out with the hormones alone before jumping into anything surgical, and the hormones seemed to be doing a decent job. It's just that most of the changes were happening so painfully slowly that it was hard to be patient. The things that bothered me the most were my facial hair and my voice. Unfortunately my voice is something I can't easily change, and the facial hair is taking forever to go away.

Quotes from Facebook, posted during this month:

  • [After Trump's statement about trans soldiers] So I can't be in the military? Great! I don't have to worry about being drafted! There's no way in hell I'd ever want to risk my life on behalf of Trump anyway!
  • Just 4 days from month 5 of my transition, and I seem to have reached a new stage. It looks like a friend and I are turning friends without benefits. I guess I'm becoming too feminine for gay guys.
Here are pictures from Month 4. I believe this accurately represents how I looked at the time. Left side was at the Seattle Pride March without makeup, right side was at the Oregon Country Fair with makeup. Still seeing stubble without makeup, but I'm getting there...







No comments:

Post a Comment